Step by Step Reality Creation
1. Use your thoughts, emotions, and imagination to focus on what you want. If you can’t believe that it can ever happen, just pretend that you can, the way a child pretends to be a doctor or to drive a car. Have a light touch while you do this, being playful with it if you can. This is not about trying hard; it is turning your attention to how nice it will be/feel once you have what you want.
If you are poor, you purposely pretend that you have all you need financially. Imagine how you will spend the money. If you are ill, imagine playfully that you are cured. See yourself doing what you would do. If you cannot communicate with others, imagine yourself doing so easily. If you feel your days dark and pointless, then imagine them filled and joyful. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 619, p. 63)
2. As you are focusing, imagine experiencing the outcome with all of your senses that you can–see it, feel it, hear it, taste it, smell it. Really use your imagination and feel the emotions surrounding the outcome.
You must begin to initiate action that you want to occur physically (emphatically) by creating it in your own being . . . This is done by combining belief, emotion and imagination, and forming them into a mental picture of the desired result. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 627, p. 104)
3. Keep this focus for a short time–up to five minutes. Then let it go. Do not worry that you have never been able to do this before. Let the universal energies help you.
You must not be concerned for their emergence, for this brings up the fear that the new ideas will not materialize, and so this negates your purpose. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 621, p. 72)
4. Avoid focus on the things you do not want. You attract to yourself whatever you focus on, good or bad. As far as this process goes, it cannot distinguish between “positive” and “negative.” Beliefs in this system are neutral. Like attracts like. This does not mean that you can never have a wayward emotion such as anger or frustration. But you must realize that when you have those emotions they are giving you a clue about your beliefs. Don’t repress them; look at them and try to understand where they are rooted; then turn them around by choosing a wiser belief.
As you trust yourself more you will naturally express feelings, and their suppression will not bring about explosive reactions any more. They will come and go . . . Attention to your own stream of consciousness is highly important. This alone will help you to see in what areas you are denying impulses or giving yourself directions that lead to powerlessness. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 663, p. 344)
5. Be happy. Have faith. Once you have set this process in motion, feel grateful that what you desire is on its way to you.
Make one physical gesture or act that is in line with your belief or desire. Behave physically, then, at least once a day in a way that shows that you have faith in what you are doing. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 657, p. 300)
6. Remember that reality is created in the present moment or what Seth calls the “moment point.” This is the point of power in which Framework 2 and Framework 1 coincide.
At each of these points, what seems to be an isolated life is experienced. Just beyond those intersections, however, there is a more or less unitary and overall recognition of wholeness that ‘rides’ above them. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 668, p 376)
Time Lags and Negative Thoughts
This is a little deep, but Seth says that the way reality creation actually works is through inner sound vibrations. Every form of consciousness, he says, has a unique sound. Seth also refers to this as a “feeling tone.” It’s the sound of who you are. I can almost hear my sound while I meditate. You hear people say sometimes, “I don’t feel like myself today” or “I feel off.” That is when there is a disturbance in their vibrational field that is altering their feeling tone.
Each of the atoms and molecules that compose your body has its own reality in sound values that you do not hear physically. Each organ of your body then has its own unique sound value too. When there is something wrong the inner sounds are discordant . . . The unharmonious sounds have become a part of that portion of the body as a result of the inner sounds through repeating the same negative suggestions to yourself. Verbal suggestions are translated into inner sound. This passes through your body in somewhat the same way that some kinds of light do. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 624, p. 89)
Reality creation is not usually instantaneous. We carry a lot of beliefs in our baggage–from our parents, teachers, religions–even from advertising! Seth says that beliefs are like power stations, pulling in signals that they are in tune with and blocking others. Our beliefs, he says, work as screening and directing agents, causing some things to come into actuality in three dimensions and others to remain as mere probabilities.
When you try to change your convictions in order to change your experience, you also have to first stop the momentum that you have already built up, so to speak. You are changing the messages while the body is used to reacting smoothly, unquestioningly, to a certain set of beliefs. (The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 656, p. 290)
Normally, we can expect a time lag, so don’t despair. Keep in mind, however, that the intensity of the emotion and desire behind the belief will affect the time it takes for something to actualize. Spontaneous remission is an example of an intense desire, emotion, and belief causing an immediate change.
If you find this all hard to believe, think about the way hypnosis works or of the placebo effect, which is a form of self-hypnosis. Under hypnosis, it is the subject who is allowing new beliefs to enter his awareness under the suggestion of the hypnotist. Once a new belief is accepted, sense experience can begin to follow the new expectations.
What About Other People?
Seth assures us that we each individually create our own reality and en masse we create the collective reality. But under no circumstances can we create for someone else or they for us. When you feel that someone else is doing something that affects you, it is because of a belief you have that gives them that power. You are only seeing your own perceptions reflected back to you.
What’s the Point?
There are two main points, as I see it. First, we are simply here to experience, keep developing, and enjoy doing it. In this dimension that we inhabit, the way to develop is to learn how to manipulate energy and then use physical senses to perceive what we are doing.
The physical senses actually can be said to create the physical world, in that they force you to perceive an available field of energy in physical terms, and impose a highly specialize pattern upon this field of reality. Using the physical senses, you can perceive reality in no other way. (Seth Speaks, Session 527, p. 78
Secondly, I feel that we have a responsibility to do our best because we have this amazing gift of creativity and with every choice we make we are adding to the whole of existence. A lot of people look around and feel that the world is full of problems and evil. They say they would rather live in a peaceful world but they don’t believe they can do anything about that. Seth tells us that the only way to experience peace is to be peaceful ourselves and to believe in peace.
The experiment that would transform your world would operate upon the basic idea that you create your own reality according to the nature of your beliefs, and that all existence was blessed, and that evil did not exist in it. If these ideas were followed individually and collectively, then the evidence of your physical senses would find no contradiction. They would perceive the world and existence as good. This is the experiment that has not yet been tried. (Seth Speaks, Session 546, p. 163)